With May Long Weekend right around the corner and the days finally starting to feel long and warm, it means it’s almost adventure time!
Adventure has been a pretty essential part of our lives over the last 5 years. Whether it’s a big vacation or a little outing Michael and I dub everything we do as an adventure, especially if it’s something Monkey has never tried before.
This all started on our second date when Michael picked me up, and I opened the door saying “so do you want to go on an adventure?”. I was tasked with trading in a work vehicle for a new one and had about 90 minutes to get it done. I had tried when I got into town earlier in the day but couldn’t find the dealership anywhere! Google maps was pretty terrible at the time and I was still trying to learn the whole Street vs Avenue NE vs SW directions in he addresses. Plus it was Edmonton and I had only ever been to the city three times before this and only knew the training office and West Edmonton Mall at this point. With Michael’s help we managed to get the task done and spend the rest of the afternoon and evening doing more normal second date activities like dinner and movie.
The rest as they is history!
Before Monkey was born Michael and I tried to get a few big adventures in a year like zip lining and adventure courses
This summer I hope to have a big adventure (or two) and lots of little ones so here is my summer 2017 bucket list!
- Go to a Michael’s Family Reunion in BC
- Pick strawberries from a local you pick
- Go to the zoo (again and Again and AGAIN!!)
- Plant a garden
- Ride bikes
- Have a day at the beach
- Take a picnic at the park
- Go to the corn maze
- Have a fire and roast marshmallows
- Spend some time in the mountains
- Visit at least 1 national park
- Go to the Canada Day festivities
- Take Monkey to the local pool or spas park
- Have patio drinks with Michael and great friends
- Spend lots of time as a family
What is on your summer bucket list? If you could do anything this summer what would it be? Let me know in the comments below!